The most important business event this year in the Western Balkans region, the two-day InterConnect Executive Summit, will gather some of the most important names in the global world of business in Belgrade at Hotel Hilton on September 28-29, namely, representatives of 20 large international corporations and nearly 200 local and regional company leaders, mostly from the sectors of metalworking, electrical and wood industries, pharmaceutical and medical sectors, but also the financial sector, transport and agriculture.
InterConnect is all about matchmaking, but on a completely different level. According to participant’s feedback, it is new and did not exist before in such a way. Mission of the summit is to connect the local economy with global decision makers, that share the same interest in doing business, and are looking at the same challenges, so that new relations and solutions arise. It is purely driven by the globally economy, not by politics.
The state of the world economy today, the projections of the future economic trends, the solving of problems in supply chains, the digitization of business and new ideas for overcoming the global crisis are only some of the topics to be discussed by the leading people of local and global business.
B2B meetings between Western Balkan and hosted C-levels will be an excellent opportunity for the internationalization of local companies, the establishment of partnerships and new projects with foreign companies and among each other.
Applications are open until September 25th. Participation has been confirmed so far by companies from Serbia and the region, from nearly 20 different industries, and, over the course of two days, the capital of Serbia will host top managers of multinational companies whose annual turnover exceeds EUR 50 billion.
Special guest for the included gala dinner at Belgrade Waterfront will be Jean-Marc Gales, one of the most important and influencing C-levels in the Automotive sector. Jean-Marc (a native of Luxembourg) was a C-level board member of Volkswagen, Daimler, FCA (FiatChrysler), General Motors, Groupe PSA and Plastic Omnium (Faurecia). Recently he was CEO of the carmaker Lotus and took care for the acquisition by Chinese global player Geely. Currently, he is a multiple Non-Executive Board Member of Tevva Trucks (electrical Truck start-up), Tikehau Capital, LuxProvide, Euro Group and Williams Advanced Engineering. In a nutshell, Jean-Marc is one of the few persons worldwide that can speak clearly about the future of the Automotive and of connected sectors.
Who are the speakers and guests of the summit?
The speakers at InterConnect 2022 will be:
- Dr. Oliver Frille, CPO & Managing Director, INEOS Automotive, carmaker (projected turnover in 2023 1.7 billion EUR).
- Ferdinand Wieland, SVP Procurement & Supply Chain, thyssenkrupp Automotive Technology, Automotive Tier 1 supplier, 5 billion EUR turnover, spend responsibility 1.7 billion EUR.
- Yasar Hanli, Director Digital, L’Oréal Germany & Austria, Luxury & Consumer Goods, 32 billion EUR turnover.
- Lukas Leutgöb, Head of R&D and all B2B Business, Zentis Group, Food & Food Processing, 600 million EUR turnover.
- Daniel Steinberg, Alliance Lead for Central & Eastern Europe, Teradata, Digital Transformation, 2 billion EUR turnover.
- Branko Živanović, Senior Director, Celonis, Digital Transformation, company validation of 13 billion EUR.
- Dragoljub Kelečević, CPO, OECE, NGO, 350 million EUR turnover.
- Matthias Loidold, Director, Mercuri Urval (MU), Executive and Organisational Consulting, 85 million EUR turnover.
- Marko Čadež, President of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Serbia (CCIS) and President of the Managing Board of the Western Balkan 6 Chamber Investment Forum.
- Marta Arsovska Tomovska, Director for the reform of the public administration and eGovernment, in the cabinet of the prime minister of Serbia.
- Aleksandar Međedović, Senior Expert at IFC (World Bank Group).
Guests of the summit are:
- Uwe Ackermann, Vice President Procurement, PUREM by Eberspaecher, Automotive Tier 1 supplier, 5 billion EUR turnover.
- Nenad Pavletić, Managing Director, Gedeon Richter, Pharmaceutical, 1.5 billion EUR turnover.
- Hans-Jörg Leuze, Managing Director, König Metall, Metall Processing, 220 million EUR turnover.
- Giacomo Bertossi, Commercial Director, mevis spa, Metall Processing, 200 million EUR turnover.
- Cyril Corbaz, Head of SCM and Procurement, EAO AG, Human Machine Interfaces, 150 million EUR turnover.
- Christian Lechner, Managing Director (CEO), vandaglas Austria, Glass Processing & Associate Director at AEQUITA, 50 million EUR turnover.
- Giuseppe Zini, Owner & CEO, SAG Tubi, Metal Processing, 50 million EUR turnover.
- David Heer, CPO & Head of Supply Chain, SAG Tubi, Metal Processing, 50 million EUR turnover.
- Edin Dacić, CEO, Daccomet AG, Wood & Furniture, 21 million EUR turnover.
- Muamer Babajić, Founder of DKR – German Center for Robotics & Founder and Managing Director (CEO), MASTERWERK, 5 million EUR turnover.
- Franco dal Molin, CEO, Value Leap, IT Nearshoring (Ex Ciklum Executive).